WELCOME TO CACHG!
A Homeschooling Community for the Whole Family!
We are an enrichment cooperative focusing on group classes for students 5-18 years old . Our heart is for building community between our students, teachers, and families. CACHG believes that the whole family is important and vital to the success of our homeschooling journeys.
WHAT'S THE PLAN FOR 2021-2022?
YOUNGER AGE GROUPS:
3-5; 6-8; & 9-11 YEAR OLDS
Music, PE, and "Around the World" Geography Club are what these age groups will participate in during the 2021-2022 Weekly, In-person Class Package. Each week on Wednesdays, September to May, our students will enjoy 45 minutes with each of these classes:
MUSIC with Mr. Beaudry - Teamwork and music knowledge will be enjoy through our Boomwhacker Choirs (not singing, but percussion!).
PE with Mrs. Janet - Movement, coordination, strength, and teamwork will be skills worked on each week.
"Around the World" Geography Club with Mrs. Heidi - Learn about new peoples, cultures, and world geography through various group activities and media.
OLDER GROUPS: (AKA THE O.G.)
12-14 & 15-18 YR OLDS
Our students 12-18 years old are invited to participate throughout the school season in social groups that encourage them to build community and relationship with their peers. In the 2021-2022 school season our goals are to connect students and strengthen the group through hands-on, interest-led activity modules and community service projects. These groups have a relaxed vibe with projects that cross the curriculum for your portfolio reviews.
A PARENTAL COMMUNITY
Being part of CACHG is not just for students! We offer various activities throughout the year for parents too. The social distancing protocols made this past year a bit more challenging, but in 2021-2022 we have two "Parents Only" acitivities planned. Why do we plan for grown-ups too? YOU need support from other homeschooling parents too! In the fall of 2021 we will host a Parent's Night Out with dinner and some game opportunities. Then in the Spring of 2022, our annual Mom's Tea Party will take place. We also host a community Blog Spot here on our website and invite the parents of our co-op to collaborate and contribute their articles. Homeschooling is a journey for the whole family so at CACHG we believe the whole family needs opportunities to be apart of our community.
At CACHG we spread the burden of cost equally across all our families. So whether you have 2 kids or 5 your fees are the same. Each family is paying for their "spot" in the community versus each class session or per each child. This allows us to keep our cost lower than many co-ops and provide a variety of enrichment and social opportunities. This also means we rely on our families to stick with us throughout the school season in order to compensate our teachers fairly and pay for the overhead costs a co-op incurs.
For the 2021-2022 School Year, "New Families" make an enrollment payment of $75 to the co-op. Returning Families will make a $60 enrollment payment. This fee or deposit secures your spot in our community.
Then each family must decide their participation level for the school season. Would your family only like to be invited to and involved in social events OR participate in our weekly, in-person classes? Both options require payment of the annual enrollment fee and both options include invitation to the 8 social events - 2 are for "Parents Only."
If you choose to participate in the "Weekly, In-person Classes" there is an additional monthly fee of $60 per family, broken down in separate installments to the teachers and co-op. The payments are: $12 to each teacher, as well as, a $24 co-op fee. This co-op fee covers group insurance, website maintenance, facility rental fees, and any other costs incurred by the group. All leadership team members serve as volunteers and co-op teachers are independent contractors. As such, the teachers receive payment from you directly on a schedule you choose - monthly, per trimester, or once yearly. Co-op fees are paid directly to the treasurer in a similar schuedule of your choosing.
Do you have questions about this breakdown? Please feel free to reach out to our Leadership Team via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out the Contact Us form on our website. We would be happy to go over it with you.
CLASS OUTLINES & LESSON PLANS
In all our age group classes teachers provide outlines and lesson plans to use in your homeschool portfolio review. Teachers list objectives, materials used, and activities completed. We use a closed Facebook page for enrolled families to share pictures for reference as well. Outlines are provided by June 1 to give parents an ideas of what each age group will be covering in the coming school season. At the annual Back to School Event the formal lesson plans will be provided by each teacher to all the families. Digital copies of all lesson plans will be uploaded into the files section of the group's closed Facebook page throughout the school season for reference or retreival.
2021 Upcoming Events & Classes
- Wed, Sep 08Teacher will provide the Zoom LinkSep 08, 2021, 1:00 PM – May 11, 2022, 2:00 PMTeacher will provide the Zoom LinkCome learn Spanish language and culture with Ms. Andino! Students will engage in a one-hour class, TWICE weekly: Tuesdays & Fridays 1:00-2:00 PM. Each class is limited to 3 students to encourage high teacher to student connections. Students 14-18 years old are eligible.
- Fri, Sep 10Zoom Link will be provided by the teacherSep 10, 2021, 10:00 AM EDT – May 08, 2022, 11:00 AM EDTZoom Link will be provided by the teacherLearning American Sign Language is more than just words! ASL is its own distinct and unique language with the same nuances as any spoken language. During ASL class you will learn grammar, sentence structure, and how sign placement, movement, and facial expression can change the meaning of one sign.
- Fri, Sep 10Teacher will provide the Zoom LinkSep 10, 2021, 10:30 AM EDT – May 07, 2022, 11:30 AM EDTTeacher will provide the Zoom LinkCome learn Spanish language and culture with Ms. Andino! Students will engage in a one hour class, on Fridays 10:30-11:30 AM. Each class is limited to 3 students to encourage high teacher to student connections. Students 6-11 years old are eligible.
- Fri, Sep 10Teacher will provide the Zoom LinkSep 10, 2021, 11:30 AM – May 13, 2022, 12:30 PMTeacher will provide the Zoom LinkCome learn Spanish language and culture with Ms. Andino! Students will engage in a one hour class, on Fridays 11:30 AM-12:30 PM. Each class is limited to 3 students to encourage high teacher to student connections. Students 11-14 years old are eligible.
- Time is TBDZoom Link provided by the teacherTime is TBDZoom Link provided by the teacherIn Piano Exploration, your student will explore the piano or keyboard through individual weekly lessons taken over the Zoom platform. This class is 8-weeks long, the weekly day and time will be set upon discussion with the family. Anyone age 7 and up is welcome to come explore the piano this fall!
"Children learn from anything and everything they see. They learn wherever they are, not just in special learning places."