WELCOME TO CACHG!
A Homeschooling Community for the Whole Family!
We are an enrichment cooperative focusing on group classes for students 5-16 years old . Our heart is for building community between our students, teachers, and families. CACHG believes that the whole family is important and vital to the success of our homeschooling journeys.
Letters, sensory play, stories, movement, songs, and art projects are enjoyed by our smallest family members. We offer a Preschool Class for siblings of our CACHG students. Check out the virtual classes offered during each trimester in 2020-2021 in our Events Section.
2020-2021 VIRTUAL CLASS OFFERINGS
Art, PE, Music, and other club style classes are offered for our students age 5-16 years old. Each teacher presents a variety of class topics and opportunities from Running Club, Spanish Immersion, Music Appreciation, and much more! Sign your student(s) up for each class they are interested in our Events Section to register. Students will complete various projects and activities virtually, as well as, small group meet ups throughout each trimester.
(AKA THE O.G.)
Our students 12-16 years old are invited to participate throughout the school season in a social group that encourage them to build community and relationship with peers. In the 2020-2021 school season the O.G. will work together with the "house" to encourage each other, care for each other, and participate in various competitions. Each house will choose leadership teams and meet weekly to check-in and address weekly topics guided by the OG facilitator, Mrs. Charlie. Once monthly the OG will meet as a whole group, virtually or in-person as allowed, to grow and make plans for the coming months. Goals for the 2020-2021 school season are a kayak trip, bonfire night, large group scavenger hunt, and Progressive Meal (each house taking a course). One of our goals is for students to connect and strengthen the group, as well as, each person.
A PARENTAL COMMUNITY
Being part of CACHG is not just for students! We offer various activities throughout the year for parents too. The social distancing protocols make this a bit more challenging, but in 2020-2021 we are planning to offer a Virtual Paint & Sip Night; Virtual Tea Party, Book Discussion Groups, Group Exercise Options, Quarterly Parent Check-in's, & Hopefully a Grown-up Night Out before the school year is over. Why do we plan for grown-ups too? YOU need support from other homeschooling parents too! Since we are walking this homeschooling journey together, why not have fun doing it?
For the 2020-2021 School Year, Families will make one annual payment of $75 to the co-op. Then each trimester, sign your student(s) up for any of the classes they are interested in (class prices will vary) prior to the beginning date of a class. Please pay attention in the class descriptions for age groupings and pricing. Families are not obligated to sign up for classes each trimester, but to be eligible to participate they must have paid the yearly co-op fee. This co-op fee covers group insurance, website or facility fees, and any other costs incurred by the group. All leadership team members serve as volunteers and co-op teachers are independent contractors.
CLASS OUTLINES & SYLLABI
In all our age group classes teachers provide outlines or syllabi to use in your homeschool portfolio. Teachers list objectives, materials used, and list activities completed. We use a closed Facebook page for enrolled families to share pictures for reference as well.
2021 Upcoming Events & Classes
- WINTER Piano ExplorationTime is TBDZoom Link provided by the teacherTime is TBDZoom Link provided by the teacherIn Piano Exploration, your student will explore the piano or keyboard through individual weekly lessons taken over the Zoom platform. This class is 8-weeks long, the weekly day and time will be set upon discussion with the family. Anyone age 7 and up is welcome to come explore the piano this fall!
- WINTER Boomwhacker Extravaganza (BE) Section 2Tue, Jan 05Zoom Link provided by the teacherJan 05, 11:00 AM ESTZoom Link provided by the teacherThink of Boomwhackers as plastic handbells! Have fun practicing at home and during Zoom classes with your friends as you work together to present a concert. There are 2 sections available that work on the same skills with a variety of music and games that teach musicality and theory.
- WINTER Boomwhacker Extravaganza (BE) Section 1Tue, Jan 05Zoom Link provided by the teacherJan 05, 10:00 AM ESTZoom Link provided by the teacherThink of Boomwhackers as plastic handbells! Have fun practicing at home and during Zoom classes with your friends as you work together to present a concert. There are 2 sections available that work on the same skills with a variety of music and games that teach musicality and theory.
- WINTER Recorder Extravaganza (RE) Section 2AMon, Jan 04Zoom Link provided by the teacherJan 04, 11:00 AM ESTZoom Link provided by the teacherHave fun together making beautiful music with your classmates using a remarkable instrument, the recorder. We will end the session with an online recital for your family and friends! Mondays @11 AM Jan. 4 - Feb. 22 / Cost is $25 per participant - Discount for multiple participants $20 each.
- WINTER Recorder Extravaganza (RE) Section 1AMon, Jan 04Zoom Link provided by the teacherJan 04, 10:00 AM ESTZoom Link provided by the teacherHave fun together making beautiful music with your classmates using a remarkable instrument, the recorder. We will end the session with an online recital for your family and friends! Mondays @10 AM Jan. 4 - Feb. 22 / Cost is $25 per participant - Discount for multiple participants $20 each.
- Older Group - Veterans and Newbies!Tue, Sep 01Recurring Zoom Link will be sent to youSep 01, 2020, 2:00 PM EDTRecurring Zoom Link will be sent to youJoin in to check with friends twice a week and enjoy conversation about current events, on-line group games, trivia, and fun activities. Let's break up this quarantine with 1-hour Zoom calls with our "houses" on Tuesdays and then as a whole group on Fridays!
"Children learn from anything and everything they see. They learn wherever they are, not just in special learning places."